||As a customer, you are responsible for making certain that you do not violate anyone's
copyright rights. When you click "upload" or order prints, you are assuming full responsibility for making certain that you are not
in violation of any law, including copyright laws, and are guaranteeing your compliance of that to us and/or any copyright owners. On occasion, we may ask you for written assurance
that you do own the copyright rights to images in your directory.
||Nearly all of our customers are
satisfied, and we want you to be satisfied. If you are not, subject to certain limitations, you
have three options:
1. You may obtain a free reprint of your order, or the portion of your order with which you are not satisfied, or
2. You may obtain a credit to your on-line account, or
3. You may obtain a cash refund.
1. All reprints, credits, and/or cash refunds may be limited to $100 (cumulative) per customer. If we think the problem is something that we
should have and could reasonably be expected to have
done better, we will not impose any limitation.
2. Credits and cash refunds may be limited to 90% of the price of the order, except that if you cancel your order before it is even
shipped, but after we have printed your order, we may limit your refund to 50% of the price of the order. (In other words, we may
still charge you 50% of the price of your order, even though you asked us not to ship it to you.) We want you to try to
make sure your order is accurate before you place your order. If it appears to us that you have made a reasonable attempt to do
so, we will never impose any limit on refunds.
3. In some cases, we may ask you to first return to us a portion of each print with which you are not happy. We may ask you
to return about a 4" x 8" piece of each print, showing the part you don't like. These pieces can be returned to us in an ordinary
envelope. Do not return anything to us unless we ask you to.
4. If an order is replaced, it will be shipped via the same method (e.g., USPS Priority Mail) used for the original order.
5. You must report to us the problem within two weeks of your receipt of your order.
Some notes regarding color
1. "Calibrated monitors" are not necessarily accurate. We calibrate our printers to the sRGB standard. All printers wander a bit
from time to time, but our frequent closed loop calibrations keep our color very consistent and very accurate. We scan test
strips with an Epson scanner;
we don't rely solely on the printers' self-calibration routines. If you are not
sure about your color, contact us before you place your order. We can give you our subjective opinion. If you are a new
customer and contemplate
placing a large order, it is a good idea to place a small order first to make sure that your expectations are consistent with
our calibrations. (That said, it is our experience that we receive color complaints on fewer than 1% of the prints we ship.)
2. Some photofinishers use programs to "spiff up" the color -- to automatically adjust color based on a computer program. We
don't use any program to arbitrarily (without your control) adjust your files. We adhere to the school of thought that says
that you probably want,
and will get, exactly what's in your
files. For example, if your file is dark, that probably means that you wanted it dark. Or if your file is low in contrast, that
probably means that that's the way you want it. Don't rely on us to second-guess what you want. On the other hand, if you
properly adjust your files first, you can rely on us to not do something you probably won't want us to do.
3. If you are editing to control color space, use the sRGB profile.
4. Use RGB files, not CMYK.
1. Check your thumbnails before you order. For example, if your thumbnail is solid black or solid white, and you expect the
print to be something
else, contact us before you place your order. Or, if you see unwanted white space around the image, don't expect us to crop it to
size. Instead, contact us before you place your order. If there are typographical errors in your file, we will not
2. If the height to width ratio of your print (aspect ratio) is not the same as that of your file, and you specify that your print
is to be automatically cropped to size, check first to make sure that this cropping won't cut off something important. If you think it might,
then use our on-line cropping utility to make sure your image is cropped to your expectations.
3. If your image contains crop marks, they will be printed just like everything else in your file. Don't put crop marks within
your file unless you would like to have them on the print. Unless you specify automatic cropping at the time you place your
order, the edge of your file will be the edge
of the print (not including an extra 1/4" white border around your print if you have specified that when you order.)
||If your order is
lost in the mail, call us or send us an e-mail to that effect and we will reprint
and reship your order, once, at no charge. If shipments to your address are repetitively lost or damaged at a
rate well outside the norm, we may
impose a high-risk shipping surcharge on future orders to you. If your order was indicated as delivered by the carrier
(e.g., via USPS delivery confirmation tag) we may refuse to re-ship your order.
||Except for sprayed and mounted items, orders under $300 placed by Noon CT on a business day, and orders over $800 placed by 10AM, are shipped the
same day. We offer shipment via USPS or FedEx. On very rare occasions, we may miss this deadline. Typically this happens about once every 2-5 years. On
such occasions we will do everything we can to expedite those orders.
||If you believe
we have made an error in a billing, please let us know, so that we can
correct the error.
||We reserve the
right to refuse to print, store, or display any image which might be
considered offensive or illegal.
||Keeping your files
||We have a lot of hard drive space, and you're welcome to
save your files on our server. However, if you haven't used your directory
in 365 days, we might delete your files.
||Files you've inadvertently deleted
||Contact us. We might be able to restore your
||We will not intentionally disclose your information, including
the files you upload, to any person or company outside Automated Photo Technology. We will make every effort
to keep your information safe and confidential.